The two-headed running back attack of Dion Lewis (15 carries, 92 yards) and Rex Burkhead (12 carries, 78 yards, 2 TDs) helped, and so did a bend-but-don't-break defense that decisively slammed the door shut in the red zone. The Bills, second in the division came into this matchup with a record of (6-5) and their eyes on a potential playoff spot.
Stephen Gostkowski is a flawless 3 for 3 on field goal attempts, with a long of 50 yards in the windy conditions in western NY. He now leads the National Football League with 3,374 passing yards. If Sunday was supposed to be a measuring stick game for McDermott's Bills, they fell well short of where they needed to be.
Buffalo drove deep into New England territory on its first series, but came up empty when Taylor threw an interception to Eric Lee at the 1-yard-line.
The offense was scarce in this one early on as the defense reigned supreme for both sides.
The future Hall of Fame quarterback walked off the field.
It was a backbreaking turnover for the Bills, which received the opening kickoff. After taking several snap in the Wild Cat formation, Joe Webb fired over the middle to a wide open Travaris Cadet, but the pass fell incomplete.
This was Lee's second game with the Patriots.
Burkhead's first touchdown capped a methodical 10-play, 70-yard drive. The Patriots finished with 191 yards rushing in their latest conquest of the Buffalo Bills.
It quickly became the Rob Gronkowski and Rex Bulkhead show in the third quarter. The highlight: A 30-yard reception down the right sideline that he ripped away from Buffalo rookie corner Tre'Davious White. The reception gave him over 100-yards receiving on the day. Although Cooks added a five-yard rush, it was by far his quietest game in a Patriots uniform.
Tyrod Taylor left the game in the fourth quarter with a knee injury and did not return.
The Miami Dolphins ended their five-game losing run with a 35-9 victory over the Denver Broncos, condemning their visitors to an eighth straight loss. The Bills fall to (6-6) and will play the Colts in Buffalo next week.
- One killed, several injured after auto plows into pedestrians in NYC
- Trump vows to impose more sanctions on North Korea
- Germany's SPD denies agreeing coalition talks with Angela Merkel
- Netflix Has Renewed Stranger Things For A Third Season
- Yemen's anti-Saudi alliance members clash for second day, three killed
- Tumultuous coaching search leads to AD John Currie's dismissal
- McMaster: Potential for war with North Korea 'increasing every day'
- Golf's young guns up for Tiger Woods challenge
- Belarus PM off to Sochi for SCO Heads of Government Council meeting
- A suspicious package unleashes the alert in a Christmas market in Potsdam