On Thursday, a special CBI court said investigators had failed to prove allegations that 2G or second generation spectrum was allocated out-of-turn at cheaper rates in exchange for bribes when the Congress was in power and DMK's A Raja was telecom minister. He termed the Gujarat campaign as "unique" and "a real eye-opener" for him, where he got to know how the BJP designs campaigns and "uses hatred and untruth" to fight elections.
On Saturday morning the Congress chief visited Ahmedabad and held zone-wise "introspection meetings" in Gujarat's Ahmedabad to ascertain reasons for the party's defeat.
The party lost power in Himachal Pradesh too. "The party will vigrously carry forward its legacy of struggle", he said. "It was thought that the Congress will not be able to fight the BJP in Gujarat.You saw the results and it has dealt a zabardast jhatka (a massive jolt) to the BJP in Gujarat", Rahul said speaking to the media outside Parliament. Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari hit out at former comptroller and auditor general (CAG) Vinod Rai, alleging that all the other CAG reports during his tenure were "figments of imagination", which were specifically created to vitiate the atmosphere.
While Sonia Gandhi continues to be the CPP leader, there are mixed views among leaders on whether she should soon hand over the leadership of the parliamentary wing of the party as well.
"One thing which very clearly emerges that there was a conspiracy whereby an architecture of untruth and entire campaign of insinuations and calumny was systematically built in order to tarnish the image of the then UPA government", he told reporters. "Now they should not blame us", he said.
- FBI Foils Plot for Christmas Day Attack on San Francisco
- Apple Confirms that it Slows Down Older iPhones Due to Aging Batteries
- Ryanair pledges recognition of Irish trade union
- Princess Charlotte to start nursery school in January
- 103-Year-Old WWI Submarine Is Finally Found
- Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018), Galaxy A8+ (2018) price and availability revealed
- Facebook promises personalized music in first label deal
- Scientists say which fruit can help smokers cure their lungs
- European Court of Justice proclaims Uber a taxi company
- Dutch Journalist Debunks US Ambassador's 'Fake News' Claim to His Face