Yes, eggs. That may just seem like a fun fact-unless you've got a serious egg allergy.
People with egg allergies don't have to worry about getting the flu shot, new government guidelines say.
However, now the Joint Task Force On Practice Parameters says that people with egg allergies don't need to take special precautions. Those studies showed that people with egg allergies were no more likely than others to react to a flu shot.
Dayton Children's admitted its first child with flu symptoms this season during the week of December 4 but OH hasn't seen any pediatric deaths so far.
"It's very rare to see an adult with egg allergy - not impossible", he said.
That means patients don't need to see an allergist to get the flu shot, or require a longer-than-usual observation period after receiving the injection.
The authors conclude by stating that "Vaccine providers and screening questionnaires do not need to ask about the egg allergy status of recipients of influenza vaccine".
One of the main concerns with any vaccine is a severe allergic reaction - known as anaphylaxis.
Symptoms of the flu usually come on quickly and can include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, muscle or body aches, headaches and fatigue, according to the CDC.
The researchers concluded that someone who is allergic to eggs is not at an increased risk of experiencing an adverse reaction to the flu vaccine.
Even though it is the single most effective way to prevent infection, only 46.8% of people living in the United States got vaccinated for the 2016-17 flu season, according to CDC data. "But 10 percent is better than nothing, and it's not too late to get the flu shot".
Dr Atherton said: "We know that children are super-spreaders of germs".
The vaccine has been offered to eligible children in reception class and school Years 1 to 4 in primary school.
- Sarah Palin's son, Track, arrested on domestic violence charges for second time
- Lady Gaga finalizing deal for Las Vegas residency
- Trump says he's not planning to fire special counsel Robert Mueller
- Lions Become Rockettes For Christmas-Themed Touchdown Celebration
- Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis plans to leave team after season
- Cam Newton ruins Aaron Rodgers' return and ends Packers playoff hopes
- Donald Trump holds phone call with Vladimir Putin over North Korea crisis
- Gas Prices Drop 3.3 Cents In Chattanooga
- USA blames North Korea for major cyber attack
- RIP Korean Pop Star Jonghyun 1990