The Nittany Lions' second straight 10-win regular season earned them a second straight berth in a prestigious New Year's Six game. Their last meeting was in the 1983 Aloha Bowl in Hawaii, where Penn State won 13-10. Curtis Enis was the offensive player of the game, while Brandon Noble was the defensive player of the game.
In 2014, the first season of the four-team CFP, Ohio State made it to the national championship game and beat OR 42-20 at AT&T Stadium, the home of the Dallas Cowboys that has hosted the Cotton Bowl since the 2009 season.
Penn State surprisingly received an invitation Sunday to play Washington in the Fiesta Bowl Dec. 30 in Glendale, Ariz.
The Nittany Lions and Huskies both finished 10-2 and will meet at University of Phoenix Stadium on December 30. The Huskies beat the Scarlet Knights 30-14 in New Jersey en route to a 10-2 season with wins over Washington State, Oregon, UCLA. Washington, which had only one loss, edged Penn State, which had two. The Nittany Lions lost to USC, 52-49, in the Rose Bowl after last season.
- Padmavati Row: Parliamentary Panel Calls Sanjay Leela Bhansali, CBFC Chief Prasoon Joshi
- Netflix gives two-season order to Sabrina adaptation
- Germany's SPD denies agreeing coalition talks with Angela Merkel
- Jimbo Fisher departs FSU for Texas A&M job
- Yemen's anti-Saudi alliance members clash for second day, three killed
- Oil prices fall over 1% on pre-OPEC decision volatility
- One killed, several injured after auto plows into pedestrians in NYC
- Uttar Pradesh, Delhi top crime list in 2016: NCRB
- McMaster: Potential for war with North Korea 'increasing every day'
- Super Frost Moon Will Light Up the Sky This Weekend