Ball was serving an indefinite suspension, along with Cody Riley and Jalen Hill, after being caught shoplifting from multiple high-end retail outlets while on the team's overseas trip to China. "We respect the decision he and his family have made, and we wish him all the best in the future", UCLA Coach Steve Alford said in a statement released by the university.
According to TMZ, "LaVar believes the suspension was unfair, especially since the charges were dropped". His reasoning behind it was that he was going to turn him into "the greatest basketball player ever.' Although the circumstances between the two siblings" departures were vastly different, perhaps Ball could be planning to do the same with his older son.
Freshman LiAngelo Ball, 19, never played for UCLA after entering as a three-star prospect from Chino Hills High School in Southern California.
LiAngelo Ball, a freshman, is one of three UCLA basketball players who were indefinitely suspended after a shoplifting incident in China.
"We are exploring other options with [LiAngelo Ball]", LaVar said. Trump then stated that he didn't receive proper appreciation from LaVar Ball and later posted on Twitter: "I should have left them in jail!" "I'm taking him and I'm gone", he told the Times. Ball has built a business (Big Baller Brand) off the family name by being outspoken and riling up controversy on a near-weekly basis over the past year-plus. LaVar's youngest son LaMelo was committed to join UCLA in 2019, but a source told ESPN that is unlikely to happen at this point. LaVar then told ESPN that he has, indeed, pulled his son from the school.
- Germany's SPD denies agreeing coalition talks with Angela Merkel
- Tumultuous coaching search leads to AD John Currie's dismissal
- Villa Park product Aaron Boone to be named next manager of Yankees
- Ole Miss receives punishment for NCAA violations
- Joe Scarborough: Trump Has Dementia, His Allies Told Me
- Manchester United fans are getting excited about Agent P again
- Yemen's anti-Saudi alliance members clash for second day, three killed
- Two Georgia football players arrested in Barrow County
- Facebook debuts new Messenger app for kids 6 and up
- Syria: Israel Attacked Iranian Base outside Damascus