"This is completely wonderful and so incredibly appreciated by the entire team that made Lady Bird", Gerwig said exclusively to RT, "We put our heart and souls into this movie, and the last step of this deeply collaborative art form of filmmaking is giving the film to the audience and the film critics".
Get Data Sheet, Fortune's technology newsletter.
As of Monday, the coming of age film about a ne'er-do-well high schooler, directed by Greta Gerwig, is now the most reviewed film to stay at a keen 100 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, according to the aggregation site.
"It's wonderful", Gerwig told Vanity Fair, adding that her younger brother had told her the news and even he was "slightly skeptical" that her film had beat the animated movie.
There are, of course, films on the site that have more positive reviews, like Get Out (with 289), but unfortunately, two weirdos went and ruined everything by giving that film a bad review - as such, it now sits on 99%.
And, to be fair, there are other movies that have more positive reviews than Lady Bird. The movie now boasts a rare 100% score with 173 reviews and counting on an average rating of 8.9/10.
It's also worth noting that Rotten Tomatoes' scores for classic films such as 1972's The Godfather (99% with 84 "Fresh" reviews) and 1941's Citizen Kane (100% on just 75 reviews) are culled from far fewer critics' reviews than newer films.
Originally released in just two cities, "Lady Bird" expanded to theaters nationwide November 24.
- Explore Kobolds & Catacombs on December 7!
- Google Datally Android app gives fine-grained mobile data control
- Tuesday marks the sixth year of the Giving Tuesday Holiday
- YouTube Exploring New "Stories" Feature
- 2.7m riders and drivers affected in the UK
- 5 militants killed, army para commando injured in two Kashmir gunfights
- New BMW i8 Roadster Gets Official
- SC Dismisses Plea Against 'Padmavati', Rebukes CMs for Speaking Against Film
- GDP recovers, grows at 6.3% in July-September quarter
- Waze Adds Voice Commands, Motorcycle Mode, Carpool Lanes