Chisholm added the accident was not the fault of the pilot. Firefighters helped passengers off the plane, but no one was injured and the passengers were bused to the terminal. Passengers on board applauded the pilot when the plane came to a halt.
"Pilot did a fantastic job", Chisholm said. "We just need a tow". "We just skidded on the ice", according to an audio transcript.
At around 10am, the airport suspended take offs and landings, though it did re-open runways about an hour later. About three inches of snow had fallen at the airport earlier in the day, but the airport was open at the time of the incident.
"As a precaution, we are not departing or landing aircraft at the moment", airport officials said in a statement.
Shortly after 11:30 a.m., crews at Logan were able to dig out and things were able to get moving again. Heavy snows across the Boston area left thousands without power on Christmas Day.
- Amazon: Echo Dot top-selling product over holidays
- Family of Convicted Indian Spy Arrives in Pakistan to See Him
- Erdoğan:Trump Should Have Called me Before Jerusalem Decision
- Jai Ram Thakur Selected As Himachal CM, Has Strong RSS Links
- Blaze at London Zoo as 70 firefighters tackle flames
- Mother, 2 children killed in Christmas standoff in Phoenix
- Christmas celebrated with enthusiasm, fervour in J&K
- Reliance Jio intros new Rs.199 and Rs.299 prepaid plans
- Korean Officials Allegedly Involved in Ballistic Missile Program
- Arsenal and Liverpool brilliant but brittle