Two forces personnel, who included one armyman from 44 RR and a police personnel of Shopian Police, were, as per the spokesman, injured during the encounter.
Forces launched a cordon and search operation in Batmuran area of Shopian late Monday evening following information about the presence of militants in the area, a police official said.
Over eight civilians sustained injuries as protesters clashed with the security forces in Shopian's Batmurran area after the encounter left two militants dead.
Two unidentified militants were killed in an overnight encounter with security forces in Shopian district of Jammu and Kashmir, the Army said on Tuesday. He claimed that the civilian died in cross firing between militants and armed forces. They were identified as Tanveer Ahmad from Batmuran Shopian and Ali @Qari, a foreign militant. The third militant, however, managed to escape the spot.
Eyewitnesses said that the Indian forces also blew three houses and two cowsheds during the gunfight using explosives, besides torching a auto and a motorcycle.
"Around 24 civilians were brought to our hospital out of which we referred some 11 people to Srinagar hospitals for specialized treatment".
"A police spokesman said that during the encounter, on the request of family, police made repeated announcement to get Tanveer surrendered, but he refused the offer". The security forces had to fire shotgun pellets and tear gas shells to contain the violent mob during the course of which at least a dozen civilians and a minor sustained serious injuries. A woman whom the locals identified as Rubeena Jan, daughter of Abdul Rashid was hit by a bullet in her abdomen. Police said their condition is stated to be stable.
- USA blames North Korea for major cyber attack
- Officials say fatal fire caused by lit menorah
- Las Vegas Bowl 2017 score: Updates on Oregon
- Lady Gaga finalizing deal for Las Vegas residency
- Lane Kiffin, FAU Reportedly Agree on 10-Year Contract Extension
- Pentagon Program Spent Millions Investigating UFOs
- Sarah Palin's son, Track, arrested on domestic violence charges for second time
- Shocking! Hiten Tejwani gets evicted from Bigg Boss 11
- Colin Kaepernick wants in on Panthers ownership
- Putin calls to thank Trump for Central Intelligence Agency tip that prevented terror attack