The Hollywood Reporter said Netflix content chief Ted Sarandos had announced that production on the popular political drama - put on hold in the wake of allegations of sexual harassment made against Spacey - would resume.
"We are excited to bring closure to fans", he said, acknowledging the work of the production crew whose jobs have been up in the air after multiple people accused Spacey of sexual assault.
Netflix has chose to resume filming on House of Cards.
According to reports, the series will now be centered on Robin Wright's Claire Underwood, the wife of Spacey's character.
On Monday, Anthony Rapp tweeted about the news that Spacey's show "House of Cards" would be resuming production. In the second half of his post, Spacey wrote, "I have loved and had romantic encounters with men throughout my life, and I choose now to live as a gay man".
First elements of response, with the announcement of a Kevin Spacey totally absent from the season. He said, "I wish them all the very best on House of Cards Season 6". Producer Media Rights Capital suspended him.
It will not feature its star, Kevin Spacey, who was sacked by the company following sexual harassment and assault allegations in October.
Rumours have swirled for weeks about how the final season might play out, with Netflix having axed Spacey from all promotional materials on its website.
House of Cards was Netflix's first original series order.
- Rex Burkhead's 2 second-half TDs cap off Patriots' big win
- One killed, several injured after auto plows into pedestrians in NYC
- Arrest made in Mariah Woods disappearance; missing girl believed to be deceased
- Chabahar port phase-I opens, to boost India-Iran trade
- Tiger Woods finishes 9th on comeback
- Nittany Lions Set To Face Washington In Fiesta Bowl
- LiAngelo Ball Is Leaving UCLA Without Having Played a Game
- Jimbo Fisher departs FSU for Texas A&M job
- Apple strikes interim deal on escrow fund for $15B Irish tax claim
- Mauricio Pellegrino hails Nathan Redmond's impact as Southampton draw