Kulbhushan Jadhav's wife and mother arrived at Pakistan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad and met Jadav who was convicted by a Pakistan court.
Addressing a press conference on Monday, minutes after RAW spy met his family in the Foreign Office, the spokesperson reiterated that Jadhav was the face of Indian terrorism in Pakistan.
"It was around 35 minutes long". The meeting started at around 1.35 pm local time (2.05 pm IST) and lasted about 40 minutes, after which Jadhav's wife and mother were driven away in a white SUV.
Accompanied by Deputy High Commissioner JP Singh and a Pakistani woman official, TV footage showed Jadhav's family entering the main building of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) and the door shutting behind them. Television footage showed a convoy of around seven vehicles escorting Jadhav's family after they arrived in the city.
The son of a retired police officer, Jadhav's neighbours remember him as a shy but helpful man who was good at sport and studies, according to Indian media reports.
"The meeting was very positive and they (Jadhav's mother and wife) were satisfied". It was not known where he had been kept before being transported to the foreign ministry.
On the question why a glass wall was put between them during the meeting, he said it was done "for security reasons".
"An Indian diplomat was present during the meeting and he could see Jadhav but he was not allowed to speak to him", Faisal said.
The Pak Military Court had sentenced Kulbhushan to death, but the matter is pending at the International Court of Justice (ICJ), which already stayed his execution. It is expected to hold another hearing in March or April.
He affirmed that Kulbhushan was not given consular access as the Indian official was barred to speak anything.
India has maintained that Jadhav is not a spy, and that he was kidnapped by Pakistan.
Earlier today, Foreign Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif told a Pakistani media channel that Pakistan has granted India consular access to Jadhav since an Indian diplomat will be accompanying the prisoner's wife and mother.
"There would be a partition for security reasons", a Pakistan foreign ministry official said when asked whether the family members would be allowed to meet Jadhav personally.
- Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018), Galaxy A8+ (2018) price and availability revealed
- Marks matched as India ace T20 series
- Rahul Gandhi visits Gujarat, offers prayers at Somnath Temple - See pics
- 103-Year-Old WWI Submarine Is Finally Found
- Kris Jenner get a unique Christmas gift from Jennifer Lawrence
- Princess Michael apologizes for wearing 'racist' blackamoor brooch to meet Meghan Markle
- Tunisia bans Emirates from landing in Tunis
- Green Family Donates $10K To Salvation Army
- FBI Foils Plot for Christmas Day Attack on San Francisco
- Stoking Fears, Trump Defied Bureaucracy to Advance Immigration Agenda