Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer walks the sideline during a preseason game against the Cincinnati Bengals. Lewis has an expiring contract, bound for a second straight absence from the postseason, and an 0-7 career record in the playoffs. Before that, he spent four seasons as linebackers coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"He got the job done", safety George Iloka said.
Green is a six-time Pro Bowler, but he will be up against a tough challenge in Rhodes. The Cincinnati Enquirer mentioned him as a possible candidate, along with others such as current Bengals defensive coordinator Paul Guenther.
"I live in the present and I build for the future, " said Dorsey. "It will be a special game, obviously". Players acknowledged they emerged without much energy and described their worst home loss since 2008 as embarrassing and shocking. Yet they haven't clinched either their division or a playoff berth. This week, with Reiff's status iffy, Hill has been preparing to play on the left side.
Remember, the Bengals don't have a general manager, so that position won't have any say in a potential new coach. While several starters are still recovering from injuries. That contributed to the end of their club-record streak of 22 consecutive games holding opponents under 30 points. Minnesota can make it No. 20 with a victory Sunday against the Bengals.
Safety Shaun Williams intercepted the pass and returned it to the Vikings' 23, marking the first time the Bengals had advanced past the Vikings' 43 all day, and Giovani Bernard's two-yard TD run put Cincinnati on the board. The cornerback has helped contain a number of big-time receivers this season, including Michael Thomas (45 yards), Antonio Brown (62 yards), Mike Evans (67 yards), Sammy Watkins (36 yards), Golden Tate (29 yards in two meetings), Julio Jones (24 yards) and Mohamed Sanu (43 yards).
- Lions Become Rockettes For Christmas-Themed Touchdown Celebration
- Is Jay Z's Tidal in trouble?
- US Envoy Says Has 'Irrefutable Evidence' Iran Violating UN Restrictions
- Facebook tests pre-roll ads, shifts Ad Breaks to longer content
- Bill to make instant triple talaq punishable offence gets cabinet nod
- It Will Be Anthony vs. Knicks, but Maybe Not Anthony vs. Porzingis
- The Salvation Army receives gold and silver worth more than $6100
- Ajinkya Rahane's father granted bail post arrest as vehicle runs over woman
- Trump says he's not planning to fire special counsel Robert Mueller
- Las Vegas Bowl 2017 score: Updates on Oregon