Wentz was later escorted off the field due to a knee injury at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on December 10, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. He initially remained in the game after taking hits on a touchdown run that was called back, but he was evaluated by trainers after scoring on a fourth-down throw to Alshon Jeffery and was later ruled out. Entering the offseason, the Rams knew the only way to help Jared Goff elevate his game to a whole new level was to provide him with an improved receiving corps, and after making the questionable decision to pass on numerous receivers that were available in the second round, turns out the team knew what they were doing all along with Kupp.
The Eagles have overcome several key injuries and now have to move forward without their most indispensable player.
Wentz said he will be with the team to support them the rest of the season. "If there's ever an opportunity for me as a head football coach to rally the troops, now might be the time".
And Hostetler didn't, throwing for three touchdowns and one interception in those regular-season games, and three more touchdowns with no interceptions in the postseason. Foles posted a passer rating of 119.2, the third highest in league history.
The game ended on a insane play, when Philadelphia's Brandon Graham grabbed a lateral by Tavon Austin out of the air on the game's last play and scored what was ruled a 16-yard fumble return. Kelly traded Foles to St. Louis for Sam Bradford after the 2014 season. Pederson insisted that Foles has earned, and would receive, the same autonomy over the offense that Wentz enjoyed, but that's clearly coach-speak and can't possibly be true. I want to make sure there are plays in his plan that he's comfortable with and that he likes. "Until I know more tomorrow on him, it's hard to say, but listen, there's a lot of leaders on that football team right now, and you saw it tonight". "So I feel comfortable doing that".
In Wentz's absence, the Eagles turned to veteran backup Nick Foles, the last quarterback to suit up in the playoffs for the Eagles, back in a 2014 playoff game against the New Orleans Saints after the 2013 season. We have been plagued with injuries all year long.
- QB Savage seen with twitching arms after hit
- Chris Evans Invited A Bullying Victim To The Avengers: Infinity War Premiere
- Lindsey Vonn doesn't want to represent president Trump at Winter Olympics
- Packers rally in overtime to beat the Browns
- Arsene Wenger admits he is anxious by Arsenal's defensive anxiety
- Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde: Strong Chelsea a hard draw
- Trump Had A Busy Morning Tweeting Disparaging Things About Women
- Israel demolishes tunnel 'belonging to Hamas' from Gaza into its territory
- The Ball Brothers Just Signed With A Pro Lithuanian Team
- Google Brings Augmented Reality Stickers App to Pixel & Pixel 2 Devices