"The cooperation potential between the SCO member states has been strengthened by the accession of India and Pakistan", Medvedev said at the meeting of the Heads of Government Council in Russia's city of Sochi, according to Russian Government statement.
Security is the basic foundation for development and meets the expectations of people, Li said, calling for further regional security cooperation under the common, all-round, cooperative and sustainable security concept.
Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi said on Friday that Pakistan would be happy to provide a succour to SCO's efforts towards building a stable and secure Afghanistan.
Li told reporters that both China and Russian Federation will play a constructive role to "strengthen communication and coordination on global affairs, and cement cooperation within multilateral frameworks including the SCO".
"The objective of this format should be to support Afghanistan's efforts for a peaceful political settlement through dialogue and combatting security and terrorism threats to Afghanistan and the region". "India became a full member of SCO on June 9, 2017", External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar tweeted.
The prime minister will also hold bilateral meetings on the sidelines of the summit.
Pakistan has been an observer with the SCO since 2005 and applied for its full membership in 2010.
Afghanistan's Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah has called on the member states of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) to use their leverage in bringing Afghan militant groups to the negotiations table.
- Oil prices fall over 1% on pre-OPEC decision volatility
- 2.7m riders and drivers affected in the UK
- New BMW i8 Roadster Gets Official
- War criminal dies after drinking poison in United Nations court
- YouTube Exploring New "Stories" Feature
- We're razing our Redmond campus to build a mini city
- Flashback : Five of the most memorable Manchester United clashes with Arsenal
- 'Provide evidence or stop crying': LeT founder Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law tells India
- Cyber Monday Becomes 'Mobile Monday' With $6.5 Billion Revenue Haul
- SC Dismisses Plea Against 'Padmavati', Rebukes CMs for Speaking Against Film