The Onslow County Sheriff's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation have arrested a man in connection with the disappearance of 3-year-old Mariah Woods. After several days of searching, officials said they arrested the mother's live-in boyfriend, 32-year-old Early Kimrey and charged him with multiple offenses, including concealing a death, obstruction of justice and burglary.
Investigators now believe that Mariah Woods, who went missing from her home Monday, is dead, according to a post from the Onslow County Sheriff's Office Facebook page.
Woods' mother first reported her missing Monday morning.
Her mother told investigators that she last saw Mariah late Sunday night.
Authorities in North Carolina have arrested a man in connection with the disappearance of a young girl and said they are determined to find the child's body. The search is now shifting to recovery efforts.
Kimrey is now being held at the Onslow County Detention Center under a $1,010,000 bond.
Mariah's parents are divorced, and her father, Alex Woods, said that while his daughter is living with her mother, his week had been "like hell, like a nightmare".
Miller said that the outpouring of support from the community has been "overwhelming" and asked that residents continue to support each other "as we all grieve the life of this little girl and still focus on finding her". Officials do not know where her body may be. Deputies did not release any details on how she may have died. The warrant also says that Kimrey "secretly disposed of the dead child's body".
Authorities have been scanning the area and searching for Woods since her disappearance. Prosecutors are reviewing whether additional charges should be filed.
The statement did not say if Kimrey has a lawyer.
In a tearful television appearance on Tuesday, she said: 'Please, bring her back. "Four people in the house, two adults and two kids, someone just comes up and snatches the baby and walks out?"
- Villa Park product Aaron Boone to be named next manager of Yankees
- GDP recovers, grows at 6.3% in July-September quarter
- Joe Scarborough: Trump Has Dementia, His Allies Told Me
- Netflix gives two-season order to Sabrina adaptation
- Lady Bird Is Now Rotten Tomatoes' Best-Reviewed Movie of All Time
- Flashback : Five of the most memorable Manchester United clashes with Arsenal
- Super Frost Moon Will Light Up the Sky This Weekend
- Padmavati Row: Parliamentary Panel Calls Sanjay Leela Bhansali, CBFC Chief Prasoon Joshi
- Tumultuous coaching search leads to AD John Currie's dismissal
- Uttar Pradesh, Delhi top crime list in 2016: NCRB