"You'd expect there to be a high price to pay for a attractive phone like the iPhone X. Unfortunately for consumers, in the end it's likely to be more than the $1,000 they've already invested", said Jason Siciliano, global creative director at Square Trade in a press release.
Nelson found that the iPhone X was just as scratch resistant as many flagship phones.
"You'd expect there to be a high price to pay for a attractive phone like the iPhone X. Unfortunately for consumers, in the end it's likely to be more than the $1,000 they've already invested." said Jason Siciliano, vice president global creative director at SquareTrade.
Basically, don't leave the Apple store without a case or a warranty.
The iPhone X is built with the "most durable glass ever in a smartphone", according to Apple. Torch the iPhone X with a lighter, however, and it'll die within seconds. The higher a device scores on a 100-point scale which is based on factors like physical characteristics, components, and drop, dunk, bend, tumble, and shot tests to simulate everyday use, the more breakable it is. The results were surprised that the unlocking of the phone was not regular after the test. Internal brackets, spot welds and foam hold the front-facing cameras firmly in place so they can pull off delicate features like Portrait Mode, and the rear-facing Face ID camera technology comes out of the display when it's separated, making the OLED display replaceable without fiddling with the cameras embedded within it. When the phone was dropped from the same height from the back panel, it caused complete damage to the back glass panel.
Overall, Jerry's impressed with the iPhone X's durability even though the phone has a fragile glass OLED display and back.
However, the X's market share is lower than the 2.3 share the iPhone 6 models saw in their first weekend in 2014; the 1.3 percent adoption of the iPhone 6S models in 2015; and the 1.2 percent adoption of the iPhone 7 models in 2016. Or in other words, if you crack the back of your iPhone X it will cost $549 for Apple to fix it.
The fact that the new iPhone can take damage so easily is not a good sign when it is priced at a thousand dollars and up.
The iPhone ten includes the highest resolution screen Apple has ever offered, plus facial recognition technology to unlock the phone, since there's no longer a physical home button. Do you buy accidental damage insurance on your smartphones?
- Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston facing 'at least two weeks' out
- Several People Killed After Gunman Opens Fire At Texas Church
- Belgian judge to decide next phase in Spain-Catalonia fight
- Carter Page met with Russian official during 2016 trip to Moscow
- Giants defense a no-show in 51-17 loss to Rams
- Kevin Spacey's future with Netflix just collapsed like a 'House of Cards'
- Prime Minister Turnbull rejects NZ's offer to take Manus Island asylum seekers
- Mobile and Sprint finally, officially, say they definitely won't merge
- An American woman just made history at the annual NYC Marathon
- Rajkot T20I: New Zealand win toss and elect to bat against India