Crews explained in a series of tweets in October that he had been groped by a Hollywood boss - in front of his wife - while at an event as recently as a year ago, although he refused to name to exec.
"My wife n I were at a Hollywood function a year ago n a high level Hollywood executive came over 2 me and groped my privates", he tweeted on October 10, days after movie mogul Harvey Weinstein's sexual harassment scandal was revealed by media.
"But [he] never really explained why he did what he did", said Crews, adding, "I decided not 2 take it further becuz I didn't want 2b ostracized- par 4 the course when the predator has power n influence. Because this kind of thing happened to ME", the actor tweeted.
Crews has declined to name the man he claims assaulted him.
Sources close to Terry Crews say that the man in question was WME's Adam Venit, which lines up since WME just announced that Venit is on leave.
Venit has worked with many super stars like Emma Stone, Dustin Hoffman, Adam Sandler, and director Brett Ratner, who also faces sexual misconduct allegations.
He then made a decision to come out about the incident publicly on Twitter and sympathized with numerous women who have had similar experiences and had been afraid to speak out about them.
'I let it go. (Many.) "Do you want to work again?" He cited the Harvey Weinstein sexual assault and harassment scandal as his motivation for coming forward. And I understand why many women who this happens to let it go", he wrote before continuing, "Who's going 2 believe you?
When approached by TMZ as he left the LAPD's Hollywood Division Wednesday, the actor was asked, "Why did you decide to file the police report today?"
- Revenge porn: Facebook wants nude photos
- Study shows sheep can recognize celebrity faces
- 'Rare opportunity': Pentagon confirms joint drill of 3 aircraft carriers in Pacific
- U.S. isolated after Syria signs up to Paris climate pact
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Breath of the Wild DLCs Announced
- NRSC ends fundraising agreement with Roy Moore
- Disney to charge less than Netflix for its streaming service
- Injured in France After Driver Rams Into Group of Students
- Toying with danger? Some fidget spinners may have 'toxic' lead levels
- More than 100000 people petition Pennsylvania to free Meek Mill