The 20-year-old suspect accused of stabbing two men at the Mall of America in Minnesota has been identified. When officers arrived, they learned the incident started after a theft was interrupted.
Witnesses told local media that one person was stabbed in the back and another knifed multiple times.
It was reported that the two men were confronting Mahad Abdirahman, the suspect, about stealing some belongings from a dressing room when they were injured.
Family members were apparently able to disarm the suspect and Bloomington police took the suspect into custody. Another man in his party responded to the victim's cries for help and was also stabbed, Potts said.
Twitter reports said one suspect was arrested.
"We saw the man walking through before, talking to himself, really really loudly talking to himself", she said.
"Just lived through the scariest experience of my life. He got me!'. I knew something was not right", Situma wrote. "Some other shoppers ran toward the screaming, and someone (who I believe was the victim's brother) yelled '911!' I called the police and hid".
The incident took place near where shocked shoppers were lining up to see Santa Claus.
- Republicans: Moore should drop out if allegations are true
- DeShone Kizer leaves Browns vs. Lions game with injury
- Iran rejects Macron's call for talks on missile issue
- Conor McGregor Shoves Ref, Slaps Security Guard At Bellator Event
- Penn State football gets a late afternoon kickoff for senior day
- Twitter Doubles Character Limit to 280, Says Longer Tweets Drive More Engagement
- Odd-even scheme to be back? NGT to decide today
- Israel downs Syrian drone over Golan
- Terry Crews files police report about alleged groping by Hollywood executive
- Self-driving bus crashes in first hour of service