She adds: "I think that we should just leave that behind us and whoever they want to blame for anything, they're going to have to find somebody else". Hillary, go on with your life and try again in three years, "Trump said on his Twitter account, alluding to the 2020 presidential election".
The Republican president was likely responding to a Mother Jones interview published Friday in which Clinton questioned last year's election results, amid evidence that Russian Federation tried to influence the race outcome. Clinton discussed topics such as voter suppression, Russian interference in the election and the election's overall legitimacy.
Clinton has been very vocal about her thoughts on the president and his administration while promoting her new book, "What Happened", about her reflections of her loss in the 2016 presidential race.
When asked whether or not she believes the election was legitimate, Clinton said: "I think that there are lots of questions about its legitimacy and we don't have a method for contesting that in our system".
"He didn't tweet about it, he got to work about it and he actually got it done", she said of former President Clinton.
Pointing to what she called "voter suppression" in Wisconsin, Clinton said, "It seems likely that it cost me the election".
In the interview, Hillary had pointed towards the Russian meddling and the outcome it had in the United States elections.
During the 2016 presidential debates, Clinton often derided then-candidate Trump for his comments about the election being rigged and possibly not accepting the results.
- Get your elephant trophies, United States now says
- Jerry Jones continues to target Roger Goodell as feud grows more testy
- George Clooney to Direct, Star in 'Catch-22' Limited Series
- Abercrombie & Fitch: Q3 GAAP net income increases to 0.15 dollar
- Trump Continues Attacks On Father Of Basketball Player
- Saudis, allies discuss Iran ahead of Arab League meeting
- Country music legend Mel Tillis dead at 85
- Five terrorists killed in Kashmir's Bandipora encounter, gunfight underway
- Dimitrov beats Goffin to reach last four at ATP Finals
- Trump Puts Big-Game Trophy Decision on Hold