Bilic, who also played for West Ham, is the fourth Premier League managerial casualty of the season following the departures of Crystal Palace boss Frank de Boer, Leicester manager Craig Shakespeare and Everton's Ronald Koeman. But I have always only ever wanted to be involved with attacking, entertaining football.
Alvaro Arbeloa tweeted "better late than never" as the news broke that the struggling London club had chose to part ways with the manager who guided them to a seventh-placed finish two seasons ago.
Bilic would be a popular figure to replace Kocaman, but It's now unknown whether he would want another hard challenge after his experience at West Ham. "I've got no doubts about that, but ultimately we have to show it on the pitch".
He was sacked by Manchester United after just ten months, suffered the same fate after a year at Real Socidead and left his most recent job at Sunderland after a single season following their relegation to the Championship.
"He is highly regarded and respected within the game, and will bring fresh ideas, organisation and enthusiasm".
Yet his successful time at Everton has persuaded Sullivan and joint-chairman David Gold he is the man to save their season.
Bilic was let go following a chastening 4-1 loss to Liverpool at the London Stadium on Saturday that leaves them 18th in the table and facing a fight for Premier League survival.
The new manager has started working with his squad on the training ground ahead of his first match, against Watford on 19 November. "I hope it gives me great strength and understanding of what is required".
- USA resumes 'limited' visa services to Turkish citizens
- Lock Down Lifted Following Shooting Near TCU Campus
- Prime Minister Turnbull rejects NZ's offer to take Manus Island asylum seekers
- Japan's 'black widow' sentenced to death by hanging
- Mugabe fires deputy in dramatic twist to Zimbabwe's succession saga
- Diesel downturn proves drag as new vehicle sales plummet
- Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston facing 'at least two weeks' out
- John Wall out against Raptors after injuring shoulder vs. Cavaliers on Friday
- Conte: Dropping Luiz Was Tactical
- Bucks Reportedly Aquiring Bledsoe