Allegedly among them, Miguel "Timido" Angel Lopez-Abrego, who authorities recently arrested in North Carolina on November 11.
Montgomery County police said Miguel Angel Lopez-Abrego, 19, of an unknown address, is charged with murder in connection with the brutal stabbing death of an unidentified man who was found in Wheaton Regional Park on September 5.
"The victim had been stabbed over one-hundred times, decapitated, dismembered, and his heart had been excised from his chest and thrown into the grave", detectives said in court documents.
According to court documents, police say Lopez-Abrego helped lure the man to the park last spring and helped dig a grave for him, NBC4 reported.
But the suspect has been identified, located and brought to Montgomery County.
Police are still working to identify the victim.
FOX 5 has learned Lopez-Abrego was a student at Northwood High School in Silver Spring, but withdrew from the school previous year.
Lopez-Abrego, a citizen of El Salvador who is in the United States illegally, made his first court appearance in Montgomery County on Wednesday. ICE has now lodged a detainer against him following his arrest.
MS-13, also known as Mara Salvatrucha, is estimated to have 10,000 members across the US. He also wore a rosary necklace, police stated.
He was wearing a sweatshirt, and those who knew him would have noticed he was missing a lower tooth near the front of his mouth, police said.
Law enforcement, looking for a different MS-13 suspect from Maryland - Milton Portillo-Rodriguez, accused of a murder in Anne Arundel County - tracked that man to Avery County, North Carolina.
The unidentified victim's body was found clad in a gray sweatshirt with the words, "First United Methodist Church Laurel" written on the chest.
The informant said that he, Lopez-Abrego and eight other MS-13 gang members lured the victim to Wheaton Regional Park this spring.
The victim killed in the Wheaton park was described by police as a Hispanic man possibly from Annapolis, Maryland.
- A 19-year-old man is being held without bond after being arrested and charged in what authorities say was a gang-related murder.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Hide Exposed Data of 57 Million Users
- Robinho Sentenced To Nine Years In Prison
- Basel vs Manchester United
- After Rajasthan And Madhyapradesh, Now Gujarat Govt Bans Padmavati
- Some clouds, few sprinkles into Tuesday night...sunny & cool Thanksgiving Holiday
- Scotland Yard Launches Second Investigation Into Additional Kevin Spacey Misconduct Claims
- Pakistani court ends US-wanted militant leader's detention
- Hardik's 'yes' to Cong quota formula, 'no' to joint poll campaign
- Shop small, shop local: November 25 is 8th annual Small Business Saturday
- Ontario offering tuition refund, as striking college faculty return to class