Everyone around the world is today talking about Miss World 2017, and India specifically is celebrating as Manushi Chhillar wins the coveted title of Miss World after 17 years and became the sixth Indian woman the pageant.
She had previously won Femina Miss India World 2017 in Mumbai on 25 June 2017.
From being a simple Delhi girl to representing India at Miss World 2017, Manushi's journey has been an inspiring one. I'm also looklng forward to the year ahead. Apart from the title, Chillar also won the Beauty with objective award.
In the question and answer round that followed her entry in the top five spots, Chhillar was asked which profession deserved the highest salary and why? "A mother deserves that the most". Congratulations Manushi Chhillar. Yipeeeee, about time!
Miss World 2017: 17 Years later, Manushi Chillar from India becomes Miss World
Her entire family, including her brother and sister, were present at the pageant.
Stephanie Hill of England remained the first runners up. "Super proud! Jai Hind". The coveted crown on the head of the victor hoisted by tradition, the victor of the previous contest Stephanie Del Valle from Puerto Rico. The medical student couldn't believe herself when her name was announced and reacted with extreme joy.
She was always confident about winning the crown. Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka Chopra and Diana Hayden were other Indians who have won this prestigious title.
- Sunderland's hunt for manager continues amid Heckingbottom speculation
- Buffalo Bills turning to rookie Nathan Peterman as starting quarterback
- Get your elephant trophies, United States now says
- Twitter removing white supremacists' verified badges
- Russian Federation casts 10th United Nations veto on Syria action, blocking inquiry renewal
- Five terrorists killed in Kashmir's Bandipora encounter, gunfight underway
- Hillary blasts Trump over sexual misconduct allegations
- Doping: Kremlin calls WADA's decision on Russian Federation 'unfair'
- Trump halts speech to sip water, sparks Marco Rubio flashback
- Kim Kardashian enters fragrance world, launches her first scents