Morocco sealed its place by winning in Ivory Coast 2-0 in what was a straight shootout for the place from Group C.
Goals from defenders Nabil Dirar and Medhi Benatia handed Morocco a 2-0 away win over the Ivory Coast on Saturday in their last World Cup qualifier and booked a return to the finals for the first time in two decades. In case of qualifying to the World Cup in Russian Federation, each player will receive $ 100,000.
For the record, the Atlas Lions team now managed by Hervé Renard, was qualified in the past to the World Cup in 1970, 1986, 1994, 1998.
Benatia scored with a first-time shot from a corner five minutes later to seal the victory.
But it proved to be enough and, after missing out in 2010 and 2014, Tunisia will be at the World Cup for a fifth time.
Unbeaten Tunisia collected 14 points to book a first World Cup appearance since 2006, DR Congo had 13, Libya four and Guinea three.
The qualification of Morocco and Tunisia signaled an apparent shift in African soccer, giving North Africa three teams at the World Cup and more than any other region for the first time since 1986.
Tunisia dominated the first half without finding the breakthrough to ease their nerves and their anxiety would have increased with the news an Ousmane Sidibe own goal had put DR Congo ahead in Kinshasa.
Meanwhile, in Group A, Tunisia played out a tense goalless draw with Libya to edge Congo DR to top spot by just one point.
Guinea levelled the contest in the 71st minute through Karamokoba Keita, but two goals in stoppage time - Neeskens Kebano's strike and a Jonathan Bolingi penalty - secured a 3-1 victory for the hosts.
- Conor McGregor Shoves Ref, Slaps Security Guard At Bellator Event
- Patriots bring back former tight end, Martellus Bennett
- The Ninja Turtles Are Coming to Injustice 2
- UCLA Basketball Players Held In China After Being Accused Of Stealing Sunglasses
- Twitter Doubles Character Limit to 280, Says Longer Tweets Drive More Engagement
- Hope Solo claims disgraced ex-FIFA head Sepp Blatter sexually assaulted her
- Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro Resolutions Playing Diablo 3
- Toying with danger? Some fidget spinners may have 'toxic' lead levels
- Injured in France After Driver Rams Into Group of Students
- European Commission upgrades GDP growth forecast for Poland