Hardik Patel said the Congress had said that if it won the Gujarat elections, it would pass a proposal for reservations under Articles 31-C and 46 of the Constitution. Hardik declared support to the Congress saying the Opposition party had accepted the demand of giving reservation to his community under a special category, without disturbing the current 49 per cent reservation, if voted to power.
Further clearing the air on the ticket distribution, the Patidar leader said, they have never asked for any ticket from the Congress party to contest the Assembly polls and there is "no conflict within the PAAS" regarding the same.
Gujarat Assembly Elections turn out with big news that Patidars has agreed to Congress quota formula.
"The Patidars have always been victimised". Senior Congress leader and former union minister Kapil Sibal, who had held discussions with Patel and other PAAS leades, said Hardik Patel would reveal the details of the formula at an appropriate time. There is no disagreement between the Congress and Patidar leaders.
Patel said that besides the agenda of fetching reservation to the Patidar community, his other prime agenda doing his "utmost to defeat the BJP". "I am of the firm opinion that reservation can be given over 50 per cent", he said.
However, the deal with Congress, in Hardik's own words, is about providing constitutional reservation to non-reserved communities that will be "at par with OBC". But his associates got agitated over the first list of candidates released by the Congress.
Despite Hardik's attempt to keep his flock together, three or four PAAS functionaries are believed to be in touch with the BJP, something that has prompted him to take complete control of his organisation and form a new team in the coming days. Besides, he believes that the alleged spat with the Congress over tickets was the handiwork of some PAAS functionaries. "My fi ght in Gujarat is against the BJP and that is why we will directly or indirectly support Congress (in the elections) as it has accepted our demand for reservation", he added.
The Gujarat BJP, meanwhile, has completely ruled out the judicial tenability of Congress' quota formula. Results will be announced on December 18.
- Palestinians threaten to cut ties with USA if Washington office closed
- Hit the road: The great Thanksgiving escape begins
- Delhi: 4-year-old boy booked for 'raping' classmate in school
- 'Game Of Thrones' Hack Investigation Sees US Prosecutors Charge Iranian Man
- Paxton Lynch Named Broncos Starting Quarterback
- Robinho Sentenced To Nine Years In Prison
- Alcohol spirits like gin, rum are mood dampners; beer, wine help relax
- North Korea says U.S. terror sponsor label a 'serious provocation'
- Russian Federation seeks release of billionaire senator held in France
- Fantastic Beasts star joins Captain Marvel