Luckily, Los Angeles had little trouble in this one after jumping out to a large lead early on against NY before eventually going on to win 51-17. The Rams didn't seem anxious, however. And yet, a screen pass from Jared Goff turned L.A. wideout Robert Woods into a hot knife, and the Giants' defense just melted.
The Rams didn't do much on the ground but they didn't need to, as Todd Gurley finished with 59 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries, and also caught two passes for 45 yards.
On their first series of the third quarter, the Rams drove 75 yards in seven plays and took a 34-10 lead on Gurley's one-yard touchdown run.
According to ESPN Stats and Info, it's the first time a team has scored a touchdown with a down-and-distance of at least 33 yards since 2001.
Eli Manning piloted a 72-yard touchdown drive once the Rams were up 38 points, but there were three turnovers and just as little life to the Giants offense as we saw on defense.
The two teams traded field goals later in the second quarter, with cornerback Trumaine Johnson's second interception of the year leading to Zuerlein's.
The onslaught continued in the third quarter, as the Rams scored 21 points in the period to remove all doubt.
Gurley capped the third-quarter scoring with a four-yard touchdown run, after linebacker Cory Littleton blocked his second punt in three games to give L.A. the ball on the NY 18-yard line. At that point, the Rams had held the ball for less than 10 minutes.
Higbee's touchdown made him the ninth consecutive tight end to score against the Giants defense, setting a new National Football League record for futility.
The final score was 51-17 as the Giants fell to 1-7.
Los Angeles is now 6-2 on the season at its midway point.
- New Overwatch hero Moira and new map revealed
- No action against those holding demonetised notes: Centre to SC
- Carter Page met with Russian official during 2016 trip to Moscow
- StarCraft 2 is going to free to play later this month
- Kevin Spacey's future with Netflix just collapsed like a 'House of Cards'
- Penn State, Michigan State resume game after weather delay
- Ravens continue season against backup QBs with Colts' Andrew Luck on IR
- Classic is bringing back the vanilla version of the MMO
- Corruption is the only identity of Congress: PM Modi
- Trump says recalls little about meeting where aide mentioned Russian Federation