"This isn't something she wanted and it isn't something [Donald Trump] ever thought he'd win". "She didn't want this come hell or high water", says another source, described as a longtime friend of the Trumps.
"I don't think she was ever too insane about it".
Although President Donald Trump's wife declined to be interviewed for the piece written by Sarah Ellison, but is responding to its content one day later.
Stone suggested Melania had always been reluctant about her husband's rise to power - but perhaps saw it as something of a necessary evil. "She is the one who pushed him to run just by saying 'run or do not run.' I don't think she was ever too insane about it..." Recently a picture of the same was shared by Stephanie Grisham, the Press Secretary and Deputy Communications Director of Melania Trump. "It's Donald's thing". And I think she understood he was going to be unhappy if he didn't run", he said.
The video gave a sneak-peak of the First Lady organising the incredible display and even working with chefs to create the ideal Christmas cookies!
Paolo Zampolli, a former modelling agency boss who introduced the couple and is now a USA ambassador, said of Mrs Trump: "She knows what she wants".
There will be a lot of silver tinsel and gold in the White House this Christmas season thanks to the first lady.
There are, however, some new flourishes - including wreaths hanging from the exterior of every window.
"The decorations are up!" she wrote on Twitter.
If I'm president, you're going to see "merry Christmas" in department stores, believe me.
Last night, Melania stepped off Air Force One and went straight to the White House, where she was greeted by the Christmas decorations she helped design. The mother of Ivanka, Donald Jr. and Eric Trump was overheard at a party in 2015, talking about her ex-husband's presidential prospects.
- Mixed results for Black Friday footfall
- Gene Frenette: If Mullen is next UF coach, solid choice for Gators
- Broncos and Raiders brawl in Oakland
- White House is reportedly considering banning personal phone use at work
- Trump criticizes CNN for 'representing USA poorly to the world'
- Matt Ryan tops 300 passing yards in Falcons' win
- Massage Envy Therapists Accused Of Sexual Assault
- BYU Women's Volleyball: Lucky 13 again for Cougars in NCAA Tournament
- Media firm backed by Koch brothers buys Time magazine
- Ivanka Trump Arrives In India To Attend Global Business Summit