Instead, it's Morgan Jones, played by the great Lennie James, who will be venturing to the spin-off - and that could be bad news for fans of the main show. (That, of course, could just mean in the rest of season 8.) Gimple also explained that "Morgan's arc on The Walking Dead season 8 positioned him for the story on Fear". Like speculating on how Morgan's Walking Dead exit could possibly set up his move to Fear the Walking Dead.
Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick, reading a note from Walking Dead showrunner Scott Gimple, added that Morgan "still has a lot of story left" on the original series, although that statement is pretty vague.
Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, "The Walking Dead" reigns as television's most watched drama for adults 18-49.
James seemed to confirm that he's leaving The Walking Dead on Talking Dead Sunday night, saying, "The hardest part of it from beginning until now has been leaving The Walking Dead.-leaving that cast and leaving that crew". "It was also important to see Fear's world and characters through new, yet familiar eyes".
A few years after the premiere of Fear the Walking Dead, the TWD franchise denied any plans for crossovers. According to Entertainment Weekly sources, he'll be sticking around for a while as a series regular on the show's upcoming fourth season.
The episode titled 'The King, The Widow, and Rick' aired on AMC on Sunday, November 26, 2017 and focused on the people from Alexandria making sure everything is going as planned or looking to do a little more to help in the war efforts. "Leaving that cast, leaving that crew".
"I am surprised!" said James, who made the announcement from Austin, Texas. "And I'm going to miss them very much". The actor, who was the first person Rick (Andrew Lincoln) encountered after waking up from his coma in the show's pilot, wrapped production on the Atlanta-set Walking Dead days ago and appeared on Talking Dead via satellite from Austin, where the show is moving its production.
- Russian President Signs 'Foreign Agents' Media Legislation
- 3 killed, 9 injured as passenger train derails in northern India
- Tom Baker Returns To 'Doctor Who' To Complete Lost 'Shada' Episode
- Warriors' Curry, Durant to miss game vs. Kings
- Meyer: Tennessee Vols have contacted Schiano about head coaching job
- Derrick Rose Taking Leave From Cavs, Contemplating Retirement
- Pakistani Police Use Tear Gas to Disperse Protesters in Islamabad
- Jennifer Lawrence, Darren Aronofsky remain good friends following split
- Shimonek Rallies Texas Tech Past Texas
- RK Nagar bypoll on December 21