The Phoenix Suns have traded disgruntled guard Eric Bledsoe to the Milwaukee Bucks for big man Greg Monroe and two 2018 draft picks. Wojnarowski and Lowe reported that the teams reached an agreement, in principle, on deal terms late Monday night and finalized the terms Tuesday morning.
Bledsoe is expected to start alongside Rookie of the Year Malcolm Brogdon and lineup with Khris Middleton, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Thon Maker as his teammates on the frontcourt. Bledsoe will head to the Milwaukee Bucks.
Bledsoe, 27, averaged 21.3 points, 6.3 assists and 4.8 rebounds in 66 games last season before the being shut down for the remainder of the season.
Bledsoe is reportedly planning to join the team in San Antonio on Wednesday.
Milwaukee will create a $3.38 million trade exception and stay $4.4 million below the luxury tax after unloading Monroe, according to ESPN Insider Bobby Marks. They also could have as many as three first-round picks next season. One day earlier, Bledsoe tweeted, 'I don't wanna be here'.
If you have any thoughts about the podcast, or you want to share your thoughts on the trade for Eric Bledsoe, or anything else, get in touch and let us hear about it! Bledsoe had originally told McDonough that he was tweeting about being at the hair salon with his girlfriend, but the GM wasn't buying it.
Bledsoe has battled injuries in the past - he underwent knee surgeries in 2011, 2014 and 2015 - but has been encouragingly healthy since then, despite Phoenix shutting him down for the final month of last season. On the trade block for almost a year, Monroe averaged 13.3 points, 7.6 rebounds and 2.2 assists over 165 games since signing with the Bucks in 2015.
Bledsoe only played in three games this season for the Suns, and has not played in a game since October 21st.
- These are the instructions Apple should have included with the iPhone X
- John Wall out against Raptors after injuring shoulder vs. Cavaliers on Friday
- Conte: Dropping Luiz Was Tactical
- Moyes: I want West Ham to entertain
- Belgian judge to decide next phase in Spain-Catalonia fight
- Prime Minister Turnbull rejects NZ's offer to take Manus Island asylum seekers
- Diesel downturn proves drag as new vehicle sales plummet
- Twitter is rolling out the 280 character limit to everyone
- Fire Officials Remind to Check Smoke Detector Batteries This Weekend
- Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston facing 'at least two weeks' out