It's rare when people are happy to go to court.
Children like 7-year-old Ariyah.
With the theme of "Giving Thanks for Families", courts statewide will celebrate Adoption Month next week, including here in Livingston County.
Roughly 6,000 children are in foster care in New Jersey, according to the state Division of Child Protection and Permanency. So many probably felt a tug on their heartstrings when reading Monday's Reading Eagle story about children in Berks, Lehigh and Northampton counties - more than 1,700 of them - who entered foster care in 2015.
In another courtroom, two brothers - Andrew and Alex- are hugging and saying "I love you".
The parents said they're relieved.
Still, Quinn said, "Nothing much has really changed inside". If you're unsure what difference being adopted makes in a child's life, consider the words of one famous adoptee."I was adopted at 7 months, and I'm going to tell you what that means", comedian, singer, actor and Academy Award victor Jamie Foxx said in September on the Fox game show "Beat Shazam".
"Everybody deserves to know that somebody loves them".
"A lot of these children come from the work that I do, with removals and foster parents so for the opportunity to now have permanency in their lives with families and it's just a wonderful thing", said Judge Thomas Duplantier, who legalized the 15 child adoptions. "Today just makes it official", she said. They say they have room in their home for more and will continue to consider adopting another child over the next several years.
"You get so invested, so involved, that it naturally comes", Christopher Youngman said. "Some of them might not be biologically related, but they're linked in their hearts and minds".
- AC/DC Co-Founder Malcolm Young Dies At 64
- Fantastic Beasts 2 Title And Young Dumbledore Revealed In First Teaser
- Walmart plans to pilot test the new Tesla Semi
- AAA: More than 1.6M from MI plan Thanksgiving travel
- President Trump challenges Hillary Clinton to run again in 3 years
- Danica finishing career in the Indy 500 is fitting, says IMS president
- Moody's ups India's rating
- Cold Front with High Winds Arrive Sunday
- Twitter removing white supremacists' verified badges
- Saudis, allies discuss Iran ahead of Arab League meeting