Apple announced iOS 11 - the forthcoming update to the operating system that powers iPhones and iPads - at the Worldwide Developers Conference earlier this June. The software has been available to developers since WWDC 2017 but is now available to anyone willing to test it.
iOS 11 beta 2 introduces a very long list of bug fixes to address issues that were discovered in the first beta of iOS 11, and registered developers should read over the extensive release notes to get an idea of what's been fixed.
The official iOS 11 release date isn't until autumn, but Apple is giving its newest operating system version a thorough test nearly three months in advance. Therefore, be sure to remain cautious before jumping the gun and installing this beta right away. - Maps has a new feature called Do Not Disturb While Driving that uses Bluetooth and a Wi-Fi doppler effect to automatically enable a block to stop notifications from disturbing the user while behind the wheel. To take part in this upgrade to the newest version of the software, users will need to follow a few steps - which we've outlined below. It's now possible to revert back to iOS 10, if your experiment with iOS 11 is too bug-riddled, but it's not exactly easy.
AppleHow can you get iOS 11 public beta?
Augmented reality: Most of Apple's recent mobile devices will now support augmented-reality applications. Accept the agreement, navigate to the iOS tab, and download the iOS 11 software.
But remember, you shouldn't install an iOS beta on your primary iPhone or iPad. After that, your device will open up the "Profile", and tap install until your phone reboots. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the dock, open apps, or even drag and drop files across any app in the dock.
- Arab Nations Demand Qatar Shut Down Al Jazeera
- Devils on the clock with No. 1 pick in NHL draft
- Chinese Nobel Peace laureate freed on medical grounds
- Jury questions posed during Bill Cosby's sex assault trial
- Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna feeling 'weird,' mentally off
- A new platform for Whole Foods? How deal could upend grocery
- Coyotes acquire Stepan, Raanta from Rangers
- E3 2017: Xbox One X Will Indeed Support VR
- Snapchat's new feature is more unsafe than we think
- Gerrymandering gave GOP unfair advantage in IN elections