Though the tornado watch has not been extended to Sumner, Davidson or Williamson counties, Flash Flood Watches are in effect until 7 a.m. CDT on Saturday.
The National Weather Service in Paducah has issued a flash flood watch for portions of southern IL, southwest in, western Kentucky, and southeast Missouri, from 1 pm this afternoon through Friday evening.
If you know of any closed roads or flash flooding, give Eagle Country 99.3 a call at 812-537-9724.
Highest amounts will occur in areas northwest of Nashville, but with plenty of moisture and a strong surface low moving in Friday, heavy rainfall could impact most of the area with the potential for flash flooding. Showers and storms throughout the evening commute for most of Central Indiana.
We are waking up to rain on radar, and it will become more widespread as we head through the morning hours.
SATURDAY NIGHT: Partly cloudy skies and cool temperatures develop Saturday night, with a low of 57 degrees.
The Tennessee Emergency Management Agency reported that Tropical Depression Cindy this morning brought heavy rain, downed trees, power outages to Memphis. Nolan McCabe, 10, of St. Louis, Missouri, was vacationing with his family on the Alabama coast when he was hit by a log washed in by a large wave.
A suspected tornado near Birmingham, Alabama, flattened businesses and injured one person Thursday, while the mayor of the coastal Louisiana town of Lafitte urged residents to evacuate ahead of a rising tide - two lingering effects of the weakening system that fueled harsh weather across the Southeast.
The National Weather Service said the remnants may also produce tornadoes.
Crews in Memphis cleared storm drains in advance to help prevent street flooding before the storm arrived.
- A new platform for Whole Foods? How deal could upend grocery
- Coyotes acquire Stepan, Raanta from Rangers
- Jury questions posed during Bill Cosby's sex assault trial
- Western Digital Corp (NASDAQ:WDC) 2016 Q4 Sentiment Change
- Sanders Says Fraud Investigation into Wife Won't Be 'Distraction'
- Devils on the clock with No. 1 pick in NHL draft
- Thousands stretch and pose for International Yoga Day
- Colton Haynes joins 'American Horror Story' season seven cast
- Watch SpaceX launch a used rocket and attempt an extra-tricky landing
- Ronaldo on target as Portugal ease into semifinals