"I hope North Korea's cheering squad could also join us to establish a platform for the reconciliation of South and North Korea.".
Early last month, the North test-fired what appeared to be its longest-range ballistic missile to date, in a bid to bring the USA mainland within reach.
The engine could "potentially be used on a future intercontinental ballistic missile or ICBM", according to the report.
The recent North Korean provocations have led South Korea to admit that the missile program of Kim Jong-un's regime is advancing faster than thought, and that a war might be in the making. "It is clear we are rapidly approaching a point of no return with North Korea, and there needs to be a global urgency to stop their development of nuclear delivery capability".
Separately, at the Punggye-Ri underground nuclear test site, activity earlier this week has been followed by little change.
He added that he's prepared to draft legislation to impose a financial embargo on North Korea.
As that threat by the North has increased, South Korea has also sought to strengthen its capabilities, particularly after the United States agreed in 2012 to let it possess ballistic missiles with a range of up to 497 miles as long as the payload did not exceed 500 kilograms, about half a ton.
South Korean President Moon Jae-in, second from right, watches a test launch of the Hyunmoo-2 missile at the Agency for Defense Development in Anheung, South Korea, Friday, June 23, 2017.
Ambassador Kye Chun-yong said North Korea was willing to discuss a possible freezing of its nuclear and missile tests under certain circumstances. "If our demands [are] met, we can negotiate in terms of the moratorium of such things as weapons testing", he said.
His death outraged the United States and worsened already-poor relations with North Korea.
The South Korean government has already tested the Hyunmoo-2 missile four times, and it will be ready for use after two more trial-launches.
The United States assessed that the test, the latest in a series of engine and missile trials this year, could be for the smallest stage of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) rocket engine, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
The nation has stepped up its weapons program this year, staging daring missile tests, provocative live fire drills and elaborate military parades, in an effort to intimidate its enemies.
- Cristiano Ronaldo confident for Confederations Cup final
- CBSE NEET 2017 Results Declared - Check now @ cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet
- Colton Haynes joins 'American Horror Story' season seven cast
- Mourners gather for funeral of student detained in N Korea
- Federer beats Khachanov to advance to his 11th Halle final
- Gerrymandering gave GOP unfair advantage in IN elections
- Dani Alves opens up about possible Man City move this summer
- National Weather Service issues flash flood watch
- Loretta Lynch now under investigation for possibly tampering with Clinton email probe
- Coyotes acquire Stepan, Raanta from Rangers