Job seekers will get entire listings by just going on to Google for Jobs. The company has provided open documentation that other firms can use to push their job listings to its search results. Users signed in to Google with location tracking can see the commute times to nearby jobs and can quickly return to the updating job results.
It must be noted that Google itself are not starting a job search portal, but merely refining and sorting jobs posted on the biggest to the smallest of job portals.
Job seekers will have a new avenue to interact with employer's posting and click through to the site. Simply type a term like "jobs near me" or "jobs in technology" or whatever, and you'll be shown a new job search widget where you can filter by various criteria, such as by job portal, by location, full-time vs part-time and so on.
As of publishing, the Google for Jobs feature is only available in the United States. You can filter up the search results and can find the links directly to a relevant job.
The new feature is now available in English on desktop and mobile.
If you are an employer or a company, you have two options to make the growing list of job postings showing up at Google: you can index your offers yourself, or you can just post them to a dedicated platform supported by Google for Jobs. Other job hunting sites such as LinkedIn, recommends jobs based on individual's profile accounting the experience they have along with other things.
Once you enter your search, you can turn on job alerts, which will send you email to your Gmail account instantly when a job is posted or daily and weekly reports. If you're like most people, though, you've thought about a new job. "We hope this will act as an incentive for sites to share all the pertinent details in their listings for job seekers", a Google spokesperson said.
"We've been thrilled to hear from people and business owners alike that Facebook has helped take the work out of their search", he told TechNewsworld, and "we think this partnership with Google will make everyone's search that much easier". Also, Google is not handling the application process.
- Making a Murderer Inmate Scores a Legal Victory
- Google will kill Android Market on June 30
- France's Macron to reshuffle government after parliament win
- Adele visits London firefighters after tower block blaze
- YouTube TV Set to Stream to Ten More Markets
- Camden evacuates tower block after Grenfell fire
- Dashcam video shows officer firing 7 shots into Castile car
- Trump disputes Russian interference in 2016 election
- Mo Brooks' name appeared on James Hodgkinson assassination hit list, report says
- Donald Trump confirms obstruction of justice probe, claiming 'witch hunt'