Williams, of Austin, identified the shooting victim as legislative correspondent Zack Barth.
Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Ala., said several other people also were hit, including two law enforcement officers.
There are four Texas lawmakers on the Republican team - U.S. Reps Joe Barton, Kevin Brady, Mike Conaway and Williams. Police say they got here in about 3 or 4 minutes and I'm sure that's the case but it was a long time, they say 60 shots were fired but without our Capitol Police who literally took a step forward when they didn't have to, they could've took a step backwards, they stepped forward.
Williams said the Republican team "practices every day from 6 to 8 a.m." and applauded the decision not to cancel the upcoming game, despite the shooting, saying a violent act should not disrupt tradition. "He held me, I held him".
Ellen further said her brother made a tourniquet to stop the bleeding with his own belt.
Zachary Barth, a staffer for GOP Rep. Roger Williams of TX, posted on FB that he was shot but is "okay".
"America doesn't give out; America doesn't give in", Williams said on Wednesday.
"There were dozens, if not hundreds of shots", said Barton, emotionally recounting the scene on Capitol Hill just hours later, still wearing his baseball jersey and standing next to his 10-year-old son, Jack.
"They saved everybody's life", Williams said of Griner and Bailey.
Williams said he dove into the concrete floor of the first-base dugout, which he described as being "like diving into a swimming pool without water".
- Chelsea 1st to visit Tottenham at Wembley in Premier League
- Dennis Rodman visits North Korea again
- Google hires Apple chip architect for Pixel phones
- After Rahul Gandhi rap, Sandeep Dikshit 'sorry' for jibe on Rawat
- Panama switches diplomatic recognition from Taiwan to China
- Federal Grand Jury Indicts Accused NSA Leaker Reality Winner
- DUP agrees principles to back UK Conservatives
- Overseas Box Office Rescues The Mummy
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions to testify in public Tuesday
- IPhone 8: First parts leaked ahead of autumn launch