If you just look at the specs of what this box is, it's in a different league than any other console that's out there.
It's impossible to say whether Microsoft will be making a loss on the Xbox One X, or merely breaking even, but we do know for sure that they'll be relying on selling lots of games to turn this into a profitable venture. "I look at Pro as more of a competitor to S than I do to Xbox One X", Spencer said.
The Xbox One X is powered by a six-teraflop Polaris GPU which is 1.4 times better compared to its rival, Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro.
The $499 price of the Xbox One X makes it the most expensive current-generation console in the market, with some gamers claiming that the price is too steep. On paper, it's clear that the PS4 Pro is competing with the Xbox One S, rather than the Xbox One X. "The majority of our consoles that are sold next year will be [Xbox One] S. That has always been the plan", Spencer said. Microsoft could soon be making money from Xbox One X sales, but how long that will take is now unclear. The company did announce "Sea of Thieves", "Crackdown 3", "State of Decay 2" and "Forza Motorsport 7", but all of those were already known about prior to E3 2017.
The interview then moved over to Xbox Game Pass, the subscription game service offered by Microsoft on Xbox One.
I don't think it's good for our industry if we got into a point where people are holding back the technical innovation of game developers based on a marketing deal.
"There are many people that come in and just want an affordable console that plays all of the games that we've shown here, plays them with great HDR support".
Spencer stated that Xbox fans should keep their expectations in check regarding the library of Original Xbox Games coming to Xbox One because only a select few Original Xbox Games will be available to backward compatibility program because of Rights issue And Emulation difficulty (technically it's a bit difficult). He was also asked about the UI for Xbox One X and whether it will be the same as the standard Xbox One.
- Ham radio operators host Field Day weekend at NHMS
- Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna feeling 'weird,' mentally off
- CBSE NEET 2017 Results Declared - Check now @ cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet
- A new platform for Whole Foods? How deal could upend grocery
- Red Cross Holds Blood Drive in Town
- Loretta Lynch now under investigation for possibly tampering with Clinton email probe
- Federer beats Khachanov to advance to his 11th Halle final
- ND sailor aboard USS Fitzgerald when it was struck
- Google's Set to Disrupt Another Sector: The Job Hunt
- Western Digital Corp (NASDAQ:WDC) 2016 Q4 Sentiment Change