At 27 years old, Stepan is still very much in the prime of his career and joins a young Coyotes team looking for veteran experience.
A top-line center, a potential new No. 1 goalie and a steady defenseman are headed to the desert. The 'yotes chose not to resign captain Shane Doan this offseason so there will be a void to fill both offensively and in the locker room.
Hjalmarsson gives Arizona more stability on the back end after it traded away No. 1 goalie Mike Smith last weekend. He went 16-8-2 with a.922 save percentage this past season. "We're confident that he can emerge as an excellent starting goalie for us". They also have two first-round selections in this year's draft, as well as a highly skilled young defenseman to add to their core group on the blue line next season. This is of underrated importance because the Rangers do not have a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
The Rangers also have a work-in-progress defense.
DeAngelo was the 19th pick in the 2014 draft by Tampa Bay but was traded to Arizona for a 2nd round pick previous year. He is only 21 years old which makes his value soar.
The 21-year-old DeAngelo had five goals and nine assists in 39 games for the Coyotes last season.
Anthony DeAngelo (77) scores the winning goal in the 11th round of a shootout against the Los Angeles Kings. DeAngelo can secure a spot on the right side, especially with the departure of Dan Girardi. Hopefully, he can help with the powerplay as we've yet to have a player who could adequately run it since Keith Yandle. I felt like I was giving the team the chance to win every night ... For the Coyotes, they get the leadership they need in acquiring Stepan along with a #1 or #2 center while also keeping Jakob Chychrun and also parting with DeAngelo, who has a world of talent but character issues in the past. "We took a big step today". That space should easily allow the team to re-sign Brendan Smith, likely to a four year deal around $4.5 mil per.
The trade is huge for the Coyotes because they get a solid goaltender. In addition, they now have two first rounders as assets to use for a or b or possibly retain the draft.
The Rangers are nowhere near done making moves this offseason.
They hope Raanta can be the No. 1 they need.
Buckle up Blueshirts, it might be a bumpy ride.
- Mo Brooks' name appeared on James Hodgkinson assassination hit list, report says
- ND sailor aboard USS Fitzgerald when it was struck
- Oskar Fischinger's musical animations come to life in Google Doodle sequencer
- Obama ordered cyber 'implants' for Russian network in response to hacking
- CBSE NEET 2017 Results Declared - Check now @ cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet
- Donald Trump confirms obstruction of justice probe, claiming 'witch hunt'
- Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna feeling 'weird,' mentally off
- Colton Haynes joins 'American Horror Story' season seven cast
- Awards for Chichester college and university
- Dani Alves opens up about possible Man City move this summer